Permanent contract 07.30am-12.30pm Monday to Friday, starting January 2022
- Job Purpose:
To carry out a range of duties to ensure the safety, security, maintenance, and cleanliness of the building and the surrounding site. The post holder will play a key role in ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the building for visitors, tenants, and their clients.
- Act as a key holder for unlocking and locking the premises, ensuring that the fire and intruder alarms are activated and fully operational.
- Act as a master key holder and alarm company liaison for emergency call outs.
- Cleaning and caretaking to ensure the smooth running of the Centre.
- Ensuring standards of safety, cleanliness, and tidiness are maintained at all times.
- Minor maintenance work.
- Ensuring the building is fully secure with windows and fire doors closed and lights switched off when not occupied.
- Main Duties
- Allowing and controlling access into the building for visitors and maintenance personnel.
- Setting up and clearing meeting rooms before and after sessions.
- Ensuring all IT and technical equipment is functioning correctly before meetings.
- Providing refreshments in meeting rooms as and when required.
- Assisting with any technical problems in meeting rooms.
- Assisting visitors and tenants with queries and problems.
- Cleaning of office space and all communal areas including stairs and corridors, kitchens, and toilet facilities on site to a high standard in accordance with the organisations cleaning schedule.
- Ensuring that toilets are regularly inspected and cleaned to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and with an adequate supply of soap, toilet rolls etc.
- Cleaning of internal glass windows throughout the building on a rota basis.
- Undertaking minor maintenance of premises, internal fixtures, fittings and furniture, replacement of light bulbs etc.
- Emptying communal rubbish bins and recycling bins to the main bin collection point.
- Ensuring security on site including CCTV, alarm systems and locks are utilised appropriately.
- Movement of furniture and equipment around the centre as and when required.
- Ensuring sufficient stocks of essential janitorial materials are maintained.
- Monitoring health & safety on site at the Hub and report any issues to the Facilities Manager.
- Managing incoming and outgoing post.
- General Requirements
- Participate in training and information briefings.
- Undertake Emergency First Aid Training.
- Attend supervision sessions and staff meetings.
- To undertake any other duties as prescribed by the line manager/Chief Executive.
- Undertake such personal training as may be required to keep up to date and fulfil the professional requirements identified for this job description.